Black and white photograph of the brass marker for the Bethel Academy. The inscription reads: "On this spot stood Bethel Academy, First Church School in all the West. Planned by first Methodist Conference in Kentucky, 1790. Opened (about) 1793, closed (about) 1808. Brick building 40 X 80 feet, three stories high. Stones in this pillar were in origional foundation. Erected by Kentucky Conference Historical Society 1933"
Asbury Theological Seminary Photograph Collection
Wilmore, KY, Kentucky, Bethel, Academy